The KSPE Committee for the Engineers' Week Banquet has planned a very exciting event at the Seelbach Hilton.
- Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
- Location: Seelbach Hilton (500 Fourth Street in Louisville, KY)
- Entertainment: Live Music, Hors D'oeuvres during Social Hour, Dinner and Dessert Reception.
- Guest Speaker: Larry Johnson*
- Attire: Black tie optional
*We are pleased to announce Mr. Larry Johnson as our guest speaker for the evening. Mr. Johnson has worked at the Seelbach for 36 years. After starting as a doorman in 1982, he spent 18-years as the hotels Bell Captain, receiving the National Bellman of the Year Award in 1988. He is currently the hotel’s Concierge and Hotel Historian. Mr. Johnson has become the official recorder of all Seelbach legend, myths, and history, including stories of the ghostly kind. In 2005, he published “The Seelbach, A Centennial Salute to Louisville’s Grand Hotel” (Butler Books). Signed copies of the book will be available for purchase at the banquet.
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM: Social Time
- 7:30 – 8:30 PM: Dinner
- 8:30 – 9:00 PM: Speaker
- 9:00 – 9:30 PM: Awards Ceremony and Raffle Drawing
- 9:30 - 10:00 PM: Dessert Reception
- Standard Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 21st Price:
- $70/individual, $550/table of 8, $690/table of 10
- Late Registration Period: After Wednesday, February 21st Price:
$85/individual, $680/table of 8, $850/table of 10
Please fill out the forms below to make your reservations:
To allow time for printing name tags, guest names should be submitted no later than Friday, February 21st.
- Raffle ticket purchases directly support the KSPE Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to two University of Louisville Speed School of Engineering students.
- Tickets are $5 each or $20 for 5
- Raffle prize and cash donations will be graciously accepted
- If you have any questions regarding the raffle component of the banquet or are interested in donating a raffle prize or cash please contact:
- Sean Craig (502) 217-1508
- John Loechle (502) 540-6209
It takes a lot of time, effort and money to put this event together each year. We plan the annual banquet knowing that we will not make any money, but because of the fellowship that everyone enjoys and the responses that we receive afterwards, we know it is worth it. There is one thing that you can do to help ensure that we can continue to break even on our banquet.
By sponsoring even one of the items listed below, you are not only saving the banquet committee from going crazy the week before, but we also reward your firm with branding on our video, banners and boards throughout the event.
- West Coast Swing Sponsorship: $1,000
- Waltz Sponsorship: $650-$800
- Two Step Sponsorship: $450-$649
- Charleston Sponsorship: $350-$449
- Fox Trot Sponsorship: $250-$349
- Salsa Sponsorship: $100-$249
More About the Venue
The Seelbach Hilton is equal parts historical landmark and architectural masterpiece. It began as the dream of two Bavarian brothers - Otto and Louis Seelbach - in 1869 when Louis came to Louisville to learn the hotel business. In 1903, after several years of running restaurants and gentleman's clubs, the brothers began construction of a new hotel at the corner of 4th and Walnut Street (now Muhammad Ali), creating a lavish, turn-of-the-century Beaux Arts Baroque hotel. Sparing no expense, they imported marbles from all over the world, bronzes from France, hardwoods from the West Indies and Europe, linens from Ireland, and valuable Turkish and Persian Rugs. Billed as "the only fireproof hotel in the city," the new Seelbach opened in May of 1905 by offering a 5-hour public inspection and drawing an incredible 25,000 visitors. The hotel was so popular, the Seelbach brothers began a 154-room addition in the fall of that same year. In 1907, the expansion was completed and included the famous Bavarian-style Rathskeller, decorated with rare Rookwood Pottery. Today the Rathskeller remains the only surviving ensemble of its kind. For more information, visit www.seelbachhilton.com.
We want to thank you for your continuous support of this event, and we promise to give our all in making it something to remember each year. Again, you can register for the banquet and sponsorships with the Online Registration Form.
Please direct all forms and questions to:
KSPE Banquet Committee Chair
700 W Liberty Street
Louisville, KY 40203
Ph: (502) 540-6307
We hope to see all of you there!