The Louisville Chapter Partners Program was begun in 2005 under the leadership of then-Louisville Chapter president Angela Akridge. Angela had created a Planning Committee of past KSPE leaders and then-current Louisville Chapter officers to brainstorm ways to increase attendance at the Louisville Chapter meetings. Over time, Chapter meeting attendance had gradually dropped with average attendance at monthly meetings of about 50 attendees.
The Committee determined that along with improved speakers at the meetings, if the Chapter could come up with a way to attract government service provider Partners to the meetings then others would follow. The Partners Committee was formed with the commitments of initial Charter Partners of the Louisville MSD, the Louisville Water Company, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the Louisville Regional Airport Authority, Metro Public Works, and the US Army Corps of Engineers. As predicted, other companies quickly followed suit.
At the end of the first year, Chapter attendance averages were consistently above 100, and have continued at that level to this day. The Partners Program currently has over 60 prepaid members at each meeting, and over 30 of those are service providing government Partners. Proceeds from the Partners program support the Louisville Chapter website, the Louisville Chapter Scholarship Program, and reduced cost meals for the Speed School students and faculty at Chapter meetings.
Each year at the Engineer’s Week Banquet, we try to recognize all KSPE Louisville Chapter Sponsors with a prize drawing.
The vitality of the Louisville Chapter of KSPE relies heavily on the support of members and employers of members within the chapter. The KSPE Partners Plan concept encourages key employers of engineers in the community to be active in the Louisville Chapter. This activity includes supporting attendance at the Chapter meetings and other Chapter activities as well as the financial support for the Louisville Chapter. Additionally, the KSPE Partners Plan encourages direct financial support of the KSPE Louisville Chapter Website and support for students and faculty at the University of Louisville.
The signatories on this plan, as shown by our logos, pledge our individual support and the support from our employer companies. These pledges commit our financial and personal resources to support the activities noted herein and the mission of the Louisville Chapter of the Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers.
The Chapter also allows non-members and firms that do not employ members to be Auxiliary Partners. Sustaining Partners are members or firms that have a business interest with engineer members of the Chapter. Auxiliary Partners will be allowed to advertise on the Chapter Website, attend Chapter meetings and otherwise support the Chapter but at a higher membership rate than that paid by KSPE Partners. All other pledges will be supported by the Auxiliary Partners.
Auxiliary Partners are allowed to interact with members and member firms at all Chapter functions but solicitation and marketing shall be limited solely to individual to individual basis outside the Chapter function. No public solicitation at the Chapter functions will be allowed. The Chapter Board will set annual membership rates for Auxiliary Partners.
- We will identify a point of contact (POC) for the execution and implementation of this pledge. This POC will be charged to “rally the troops” within our organization when the need arises.
- We pledge to support general membership meetings by identifying annually a specific number of employees that our business will attempt to send to each Chapter Membership Meeting.
- We pledge to be a Web-Sponsor for the Louisville Chapter of KSPE. This means that we will support financially the upkeep and maintenance of the Website.
- We will participate in the “Adopt-A-Student” or “Adopt-A-Faculty Member” process by occasionally bringing students or faculty to the luncheons or sponsor meal costs.
- In exchange for our pledges of support, we understand we may receive a Website link to our Website via logo connection.
- In exchange for our pledges of support, we understand we may receive free job postings on the Website
- In exchange for our pledges of support, we will receive Banner advertising on the Website.